Wednesday, March 16, 2011

slainte

slainte

Slainte. » Elizabeth Holder Photography

It's here. Probably one of my husbands favorite holidays. I've been thinking all week about what to blog about for today - I've decided on.[...]

Pamela's Knitting: Slainte, birthday boy!

Slainte, birthday boy! Apparently, if your birthday is St Patrick's Day and you have green eyes, you are a leprechaun. Doesn't matter if you're Irish or not. So my dad is a leprechaun. Thus, his birthday socks! Leprechaun Socks.[...]

Friend will be friend: Slainte

Monday morning quarterbacking -- the Slainte review slainte. There were a few backstage issue concerning this review of Slainte. I felt, for the reader's benefit, I had to: 1) explain what I was doing reviewing a seven-year-old Irish.[...]

What does the word "Slainte" mean? | TwitEd

I know slainte is pronnounced slawn-chya, but what does it actually mean? I'm a host a resteraunt in a hotel that has a lot of foreign guests. I was wondering if it was polite/correct to say "slainte" to Irish guests as they're leaving..[...]

Frontierville Slainte Mission Quest | BloggerWalk
Frontierville Slainte Mission Quest, There was some backstage questions about this revision Slainte. I felt for the reader, I had to:[...]
Sláinte Y'all: Pancake Tuesday | Orlando News Center
I've learned that I like to learn. I'm always on a quest for a new scripture, a new cooking.[...]
Slainte
Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch – Slainte Happy Saturday dear friends! Today Waltzingmouse has a wonderful round sketch for us to play with – I LOVE making round cards – do you?!? I had a lot of 'green stuff' out on my work table having.[...]
life, in recipes: Sláinte: Guinness Spice Cake
When I was in college, I did a summer volunteer project with a good friend of mine in Germany. We were the only two Americans amidst a large group of European teenagers and young adults. It was an eye-opening experience, (in large part.[...]
Running on carbs: Sláinte!

Sláinte! The luck of the Irish is a phrase that will be often repeated this week. St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow and with it comes green beer, shamrocks, leprechauns and all sorts of Irish sayings that seem to get funnier with each.[...]

Sláinte! A just-sweet-enough American-Irish soda bread. | Health News
Sláinte! A just-sweet-enough American-Irish soda bread. March 16th, 2011 at 12:24 pm |. Ah, St. Patrick's Day! Green clothes. Green cabbage. Green cookies. Green beer. Sorry… I just couldn't bear to make green bread..[...]
What does Sláinte Mhath mean?
What does Sláinte Mhath mean? It's Scottish Gaelic for "good health." Sláinte roughly means health, Mhath means good, and together it's a salute to good health. It's the equivalent of a "cheers" here in the United States..[...]

No comments:

Post a Comment